Honda Jazz - Service Main dealer vs indepent - Isettafan

My Honda 2005 needs a service. I bought it a Honda dealer last year with a full service book(all done at the same honda dealer)

Does it make sense to continue my service with the main dealer? Or is the Honda happiness limited to a certain age of the car?

Any recommendation for a good garage in Worcestershire are much appricieted!

Honda Jazz - Service Main dealer vs indepent - madf

Depends how long you intend to keep it and if it is a CVT auto.

If you don't intend to keep it long, then a full Honda sh will help you resell it. If you do intend to keep it, then an independent is likely to be cheaper - but ask your local Honda dealer . they may be flexible.

Iff it's a CVT the gearbox oil needs changing at c 60k miles (? 45k). It needs a specific oil - not what is in the service book as the spec was changed . THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. or it will go bang and ££££s.

I have a 2012 Jazz under Honda Happiness prepaid service and our local Honda delaer - Holdcroft of Stoke on Trent - are excellent.. I believe most Honda dealers are.

EGR valves are notorious weak spots.. rough running and idling etc...

EDIT

CVTs have an extended 7 year warranty... yours is 2005 so past it.

Edited by madf on 21/05/2013 at 14:15

Honda Jazz - Service Main dealer vs indepent - Isettafan

Thanks for your answer!

I'm near Worcester.

I would like to upgrade to a bigger automatic car but still not sure.

Its a cvt so I have to watch out for this! Thank you.

So the happiness will not work for me anymore? Is this correct?

Honda Jazz - Service Main dealer vs indepent - madf

Correct.

I would not buy a 2005 CVT. Apart from the oil, the internal clutches wear. and without any warranty cover the cost of repair is not cheap.

I really cannot recommend one.. (Read HJ's reviews as well). You may be lucky or not but ...

Edited by madf on 21/05/2013 at 19:51