Renault Laguna - Service history - arno65

I recently bought a Renault Laguna dynamique sportbrake 2.0dci eco2 150 FAP tom tom from a local dealer which was advertised as "With full Renault service history." and 3 months warranty. I am sure this is an oversight and it will be resolved tomorrow but I was just wondering how I stand if it is not, I have a copy of the original advertisement.

Renault Laguna - Service history - Avant

You can avoid the contract under the Sale of Goods Act if the car is not as described in the advertisement. Don't take delivery of the car without the service record - or have you done so already?

Renault Laguna - Service history - arno65

You can avoid the contract under the Sale of Goods Act if the car is not as described in the advertisement. Don't take delivery of the car without the service record - or have you done so already?

Great news! I have been on to the dealer who assures me that all is in hand and was an oversight. Being the old cynic that I am I also phoned Renault customer service and spoke to a very helpful young lady who gave me the cars history and is going to send me a copy of the printout and a new service book. You have to register with My Renault first. After all the negative things I have heard about Renault customer sevice in the past this has come as a surprise.

Renault Laguna - Service history - Collos25

They have`t changed that much if the dealer proudly proclaims 3 months gaurantee,