1996 - Rover800 - hitower
I haverecently purchased my rover 800 n reg (1996). Runs like a dream with no problems until my srs came on and has not gone out since. Now it has failed the m.o.t . Has anyone got any soluion to this problem. I have been searching for information regarding this but can not find any solutions.
1996 - Rover800 - elekie&a/c doctor

A diagnostic check is the only way to establish the problem here.hth

1996 - Rover800 - Peter D

Why did you put it in for an MOT when the SRS light was on. Got to the MG Rover forum it is discussed a lot on there. Regards Peter

I did not realise the new leg had come into force. I should have checked first.
1996 - Rover800 - Cyd

Check the SRS loom connections at the seatbelt reels in both pillars first. And then all other SRS connection points.

Which model do you have. I had a 96 P Vitesse Sport for 11 years till recently.

Thanks for your reply. N reg sovereign 1996. Have checked connectors all seem fine. I will double check again . Think I might need a good auto electrician with diog kit .
1996 - Rover800 - Cyd

Check 'clock spring' (behind the steering wheel) continuity second.

iirc Disco 2 uses the same clock spring mechanism (and has same stalks too).

1996 - Rover800 - Cyd

These cars also had a common problem with dodgy connections in the fuse box which can cause all sorts of electrical gremlins. A friend of mine used to recon them and sell them on eBay. Find me on facebook using pcelectrics at aol dot com and I'll put you in touch and he can tell you what to do to check yours (assuming you can use a soldering iron?)

Thanks. Ill look you up. I've only had the car for 6 months . Now you mention that the electrics are a bit fuzzy at time dash board light works when it wants to and so do the windows and the seat I try not to adjust . ( soldering eh now that's going to be fun more of a sledge hammer and stilsons user )