Peugeot 306 - Peugeot 306 1.4 Engine issue - aar5384

Ive come to a problem with the car today, my dads cheap n chearfull runaround thats been a money pit.

Hes been getting about 30mpg running about locally, just been doing routine checks under bonnet and the HT leads were fairly lose and one had poped off, i had changed them about 8 months ago so i decided to nip the metal bit inside to make them a bit more snug.

Anyway, while i was doing this i decided to check the spark plugs, give em a clean and put em back in, there was a lead above and i disconnected it so i could get the socket tool in to remove the plug easily, when i put the plugs back i forgot the put the cable in, started the engine and all seemed fine , this is the cable location [IMG]i41.tinypic.com/16ibhuh.jpg[/IMG]

Its on a citroen web pic but same engine, when i took it out for a drive it started fine, reversed off drive fine, then pulled off in 1st gear okay, and went into 2nd gear on a slight inclined road and the engine judders like its going to stall. The more revs i apply the more it judders.

Back on drive i saw the cable unpluged and put it back, but problem stayed. I assumed it was miss firing so i checked the leads, all was fine, i removed the plugs and checked each one was sparking, all was fine.

Ive been reading the forum and others and ive read things about injectors, MAF sensor and the coil pack , now the MAF sensor, does it even have one?? ive had a poke around and looked on line and cant seem to find what im looking for.

The injectors are the things connected behind the spark plugs? Is it common for these to block up, and are they easy to clear out?

Or have a caused a massive problem unplugging that cable and driving it?

The thing is, it drove fine before i snugged up the HT leads, and there still making a spark afterwards so im a bit confused.

Its my dads car he uses for running about to work and until his tax refund comes back, i need to help him out as much as i can so any info and support would be much appriciated

Thanks

I think maybe when i have used the dremel to clean up the spark plugs, maybe i have made the gap bigger than it needs to be? if i wasnt nearly 1am, i think id be outside now bending the nibs in slightly and making some noise

Well all is now sorted, at 7 am i was out taking the old spark plugs out and making the spark gap a bit smaller and 'Shazam'! The problem disapeered! I do astound myself sometimes :-)

So a trip to halfords and a set of new bosch plugs for £13.49 and its all loverly again, another excuse for me dad not to get rid of the old shed!

Its not too bad i suppose, it easily screamed to 110 earlier on a noce straigjt back road and it only has a puff of smoke on firing it up which seemed like might be stem valve seals but while its running that can be a job for another day.

Id like to thank you all for you help, so thats a pat on the back for me then, but i guess talking to yourself sometimes does help ;-)

Cheers!