renault grand scenic 2 - handbrake only half works after disc replacement? - foshizzle

Hi everyone, ive scoured the internet for the last week trying to get an answer, so here i am.

I replaced my grand scenic rear disks and pads and used a rewind tool to put the pistons back in, refitted everything, and now the handbrake doesnt apply on the drivers side. brakes a little spongy but this could be a separate issue (wife drives it usually).

no electronic issues, no warning lights, its applying and working well.. just not enough on one side. i cant work out how to adjust it though.

i have read that the arm on the caliper needs to be all the way back when rewinding the caliper, when i did it i left the handbrake cable connected. could this be the problem? how can i remedy this? i considered taking the caliper off, pushing the brake a little to get the piston out, then rewinding it again.

any sugggestions would be great, its due a test.

renault grand scenic 2 - handbrake only half works after disc replacement? - foshizzle

Just to add, ive been out and had a look under it just now - the arm on the caliper that controls the handbrake is 'loose' and in all honestly is doing b***** all. is there a way of resetting the arm?