mercedes A170 T reg - juliet12

should i buy this car. it is 13 years old and automatic, full service history. 12 months mot and tax till june.

mercedes A170 T reg - RT

Depends on condition and price !

Good condition, full service history, price £950

does any one know if this is a good car to buy ? please..

mercedes A170 T reg - Auristocrat

Have you looked at the Honest John review?? See http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/mercedes-benz/a-class-1998/?section=bad

First review I've seen where HJ recommends that one doesn't buy a car

mercedes A170 T reg - mss1tw

Not without seeing it for ourselves...

Based on the limited info it sounds like a reasonable motor.

Edit: See the post above mine!

Edited by mss1tw on 26/04/2013 at 14:10

mercedes A170 T reg - pd

They're not the greatest cars in the world and the automatic in particular has a habit of the ECU in the gearbox packing up (with the gear dash display just going to "F"). If it does this in one of this price it is scrap.

At £950 it might be worth a gamble but as with any cheap old car it is a gamble.

mercedes A170 T reg - TeeCee

At £950 it might be worth a gamble but as with any cheap old car it is a gamble.

Particularly one where the badge alone is worth 950 quid to many. It's got a desirable badge and it's very cheap - QED, there's something horribly wrong with it.

You want to buy a car for that sort of price? Buy something that those who agonise about "street cred" wouldn't be seen dead in.

mercedes A170 T reg - Collos25

The ease of maintanance gives rise for concern a small job on starter motor warrants the engine removal.Unless you are a dab hand at removing engines I would stay away well away there are plenty of cars on the market that are much easier to wrk on.

mercedes A170 T reg - Avant

At this price condition is more important than make and model - although something Japanese and petrol-powered might be less of a gamble. For a similar size of car, look at a Nissan Almera, Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla or Mazda 3.

Good luck!

mercedes A170 T reg - daveyK_UK

avoid paying anything over £600