Ford fiesta 1.3 - Heater blowing cold - martin120
Hi just brought a 2001 fiesta 1.3 and the heater only blows cold no matter where the heater dial is placed. I have flushed the coolant system and heater matrix, replaced the water pump , thermostate and heater control valve and fully bled the coolant system so coolant fan kicks in. I have rechecked the coolant level all o.k . I have tested the voltage to the coolant control valve and ranges between 0-1 volt but this should default it into blowing hot but still I only have cold air. Please any advice would help its driving me mad
Thank you
Ford fiesta 1.3 - Heater blowing cold - Peter.N.

Are the heater inlet and oulet pipes hot and both at about the same temperature?

With the fan speed off in the car both inlet and outlet pipes hot but when fan speed switched on in the car I get hot air for about 10-15 seconds then goes cold again, rechecked the pipes again inlet hot but outlet cool to the touch
Ford fiesta 1.3 - Heater blowing cold - elekie&a/c doctor

Disconnect the 2 pin plug from the valve.This will put it into full open position,and max water flow.If there is no improvement in heat,I would suspect the matrix is blocked.Very easy to remove as it slides out behind the plastic cover in the air intake plenum,where the heater pipes enter/exit.hth

Tried removing the 2 pin plug no improvement. The heater matrix has been flushed and is clear also when engine warms up and heater motor not switched on both inlet and outlet of matrix are very hot but when heater motor switched on it looses its heat very quickly
With the fan speed off in the car both inlet and outlet pipes hot but when fan speed switched on in the car I get hot air for about 10-15 seconds then goes cold again, rechecked the pipes again inlet hot but outlet cool to the touch