Citroen C2 - Clutch gone? Or dodgy garage? - alanslater999

Hi guys,

We've got some problems with our 2006 C2 (74000 on the clock) and I'd be interested to hear some informed opinions.

Never had any problems with selecting gears in the past, but suddenly we're only able to change between gears 2 and 4 whilst driving at any speeds above 5mph or so. When the car is stationary we can select all gears, including reverse, no problems.

Just called our local garage and over the phone he said that he thinks the clutch has gone.

I'm fairly non-technical so I would have thought that if the clutch had gone I wouldn't be able to select any gear? We just had the cambelt changed and I'm not really keen on spending a lot more on this car.

All thoughts/opinions appreciated!

Citroen C2 - Clutch gone? Or dodgy garage? - bathtub tom

>>We just had the cambelt changed

Did the problem happen immediately after this? If so I'd suspect something happened then.

Otherwise, it may be an engine mount or the gear-change mechanism.

Citroen C2 - Clutch gone? Or dodgy garage? - alanslater999

Hi Tom, thanks for your reply.

It was a few weeks after the repair.

It's occurred to me this is probably in the wrong part of the forum so I'm going to repost in the technical matters section.

Citroen C2 - Clutch gone? Or dodgy garage? - Cyd

Given the mileage and symptoms it seems likely that it is the clutch needs renewing. Though there are other possibilities which an inspection would be needed for.

Citroen C2 - Clutch gone? Or dodgy garage? - Avant

To save confusion, please make any comments on the thread of this title in the Technical section. I'll close this one now.