Mitsubishi Colt - Colt high pitched whine - Alfie963

I'm looking at getting a 2nd hand Mitsubishi Colt privately but noticed a high pitched whine/whistle coming from the central display on the dashboard. It appears as soon as the ignition is on, and remains on with the engine. You can hear it over the engine whilst you're driving along! All 3 of us could hear it so it's not just me. The owners says it's done it from new, but it's not something I could tolerate. I found a post about the identical problem here but no solution was found:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=86938

I know some boards don't like old threads being brought up so I've created this new one. If there are any Colt owners out there who can offer advice please let me know, as the car is otherwise worth buying!

Edited by Alfie963 on 05/04/2013 at 09:41

Mitsubishi Colt - Colt high pitched whine - 777boeingman
If you don't like an aspect of a car that you have test driven.... Then walk away and find another car.... Same model or different. There are thousands of other cars out there.!
Mitsubishi Colt - Colt high pitched whine - Alfie963

Yeah, thousands of overpriced ones. You have no idea how much dealers charge for decent superminis and the discrepancy between private sales. Problem is, there's not that many private sales about.