Ford Focus 2.0 tdci 2006 - Car fumes inside cabin - bigjw67
I have been having problems with fumes inside the cabin of the car for a while. It was basically so bad it was not drivable....sore eyes, dry nose and throat, dizziness and headaches. First garage changed the fuel filter and recycling valve which was clogged and stuck open. This didn't solve anything and to be fair they thought there was still an issue with fuel injectors. Tests at another garage indicated fuel injectors leaking and all 4 replaced at some cost. Car running much better and diesel issues much better. Unfortunately I am still getting a dry nose and throat.... Is this because the diesel which dripped all over the engine is still burning off as I drive and will it eventually cure itself? I have thought of changing the cabin filter as sure the work its been doing of late has rendered it useless. Any other ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received.... Engine cleaning etc. Have to say its doing my nut in....
Thanks
Ford Focus 2.0 tdci 2006 - Car fumes inside cabin - Peter.N.

When these injectors leak it is usually combustion gasses you can smell as they leak past the seal, the new seals should have prevented that but the smell could have impregnated the cabin filter so if it still bothers you I would try changing it.