Used estate/MPV economical to run? - 2005kassandra

Hi I'm hoping someone can educate me please?

I do a lot of mileage (avg 60 per day) for work and I'm in need of a car to fit the family, dog and camping gear in that's also good on mpg and insurance. I've also only got a couple of thousand to spend.

I know it's a big ask but I'm so confused as the more I have researched, the more conflicting views I'm getting from reviews/forums etc so I'm hoping to get some more expert opinions.

So far I've looked at Fabias, Scenics, Picassos, Focus' and all of the Peugeot sw's

I'm most eager for something economical to run and thinking of a diesel but I definitely need room for the dog. I can always get a trailer or roofbox for the luggage/camping stuff.

TIA

Kassandra

Used estate/MPV economical to run? - daveyK_UK

i30 Estate?

Or can you hang on for a new Dacia Sandero Estate?

Used estate/MPV economical to run? - 2005kassandra

I've only a couple of thousand to spend. What's an i30? Haha, I'm not very good am I!?!

Used estate/MPV economical to run? - Vitesse6

I bought a 4 year old lacetti estate with 30K miles for less than £3000.

On average I get about 37mpg for general motoring, and after 12 months ownership only needed a set of rear pads for the MOT.

Cheap, Cheerful and enough room to get the dog in the back.

Used estate/MPV economical to run? - Jase

For £2000, and needing diesel economy and space for dog I would consider looking at a Mark 1 Skoda Octavia estate 1.9TDI.

Used estate/MPV economical to run? - Avant

So would I, Jase.

Used estate/MPV economical to run? - veloster

for the money you are spending i would be more concerned about the condition of the car than brand or MPG...a one owner well cared for car is what you should be looking for,,,,,,,