Vauxhall Vectra B - Vectra diesel diagnosing injector seals - Norris-wf
Hey all, first time here, but I'm been reading a lot from this site about this problem.
I have a 2000 2.0 vectra diesel Di. I came home after a few days away and the car didn't start at all. They were cold days so I suspected the glowplugs. Tested these and they were all fine and there is power being supplied to them.

After reading on this site people suggested an air leak. Also as it was parked on a slight uphill I suspected this was the case too. So I changed the leak off pipes today and tried to start it after the job was complete and still no go. Tried tuning it over for about 5 minutes, jumping it from another car. Then I towed the car so it was facing downhill, tried turning it over for another. 2-3 minutes and it started.

The issue now is that I'm not sure if it is 100% fixed. I don't want to be away from home and find it won't start. When I Changed the leak off pipes, there was diesel in the lines, but also oil. I read somewhere that oil in the pipes suggests the injector seals, but I would like to get some more opinions before I attempt that job.

Hope I've given enough info, sorry if it is too long. I'd appreciate any help.

Edited by Norris-wf on 17/03/2013 at 17:33

Vauxhall Vectra B - Vectra diesel diagnosing injector seals - injection doc
When these were first built they did suffer with injector seals and the fix was to change all the seals and leak off pipes! They really do need to be air tight otherwise fuel drains back !
Vauxhall Vectra B - Vectra diesel diagnosing injector seals - Norris-wf
Thanks for the reply. Perhaps I should just change the injectir seals so. Do I need a special tool to remove the injectors? The manual says I do, but I've seen guides that don't use it... Any help would be great
Vauxhall Vectra B - Vectra diesel diagnosing injector seals - elekie&a/c doctor

IIRC the injectors sit under the camshaft which has to be removed.Not too easy.hth