00 1.6 Heater controls & switches not working - pkastra
For some reason all of the switches below the heater fan controls (air recirculation, air con and heated rear window) have all suddenly stopped working as has the actual heating (i.e. turning the heater temperature control has no effect), fuses are all OK. The fan control still works fine, flaps open/close OK, heater matrix seems OK. I've read on the internet that other people have suffered the same failure but no-one has posted a solution

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/12/2009 at 18:45

00 1.6 HEATER NOT WORKING - bell boy
there isnt a fix as if you take the board they are fitted to to bits you will find a very poor pcb board and burnt links its really cheapo nasty
its easier to source a new board
00 1.6 HEATER NOT WORKING - elekie&a/c doctor
The 3 switches not operating is usually caused by a fault on the pcb to the heater control panel.These can be repaired by removing the panel and dismantling it to re-solder the dry joints.Bit of a fiddly job but easily fixed with a little patience.A new heater panel is around £120.However ,the hot /cold control is mechanical with cables and linkages,so I would think this is a different fault.Also have you checked the cabin /pollen filter;it could be blocked.hth
Thank you both/all for your help, I took the Astra to Vauxhalls today, they hooked up their diagnostics to the engine management system and the problem turns out to be the ?Heater Control Panel? itself, they are installing a new one tomorrow, total cost £286.00 inc VAT, well worth it!. FYI, You can buy used ones on ebay for £30.
Just got Astra back from Vauxhalls main dealer today, everything working now!! including heater and aircon, so it was the "Heater control panel".