Daewoo Matiz Timing Belt - graham woods
Hi every-one, yes its me again. I have a 1999 v reg daewoo matiz which has covered 50,000 miles. I bought it at 48.000 miles. When should I have the belt replaced on it, and does any-one know what the cost is likely to be. Any advice appreciated. thanks, Graham.
Daewoo Matiz Timing Belt - neil
Graham - if I were you, I'd change it the day before it breaks - that way, you'll get the maximnum life out of it! ;-)

Alternatively, someone will be along in a minute, to insist you go and change it NOW - not tomorrow, do it NOW, in the dark...

Or alternatively still, you could look in the handbook or give a garage a ring and ask them to look at Autodata book and tell you the change interval..?

To be honest, for peace of mind any time now would probably be a good idea, as its 50k and just as significantly 7 years old...

Neil
Daewoo Matiz Timing Belt - Dynamic Dave
The following is mentioned in the Car-By-Car-Breakdown (red menu bar on LH of screen):-

"Timing belt and tensioner pulley replacement at 40k miles or 4 years whichever comes first is critical"

What you need to ascertain now is, did the previous owner have the belt and tensioner changed at 40,000 miles, and was it less than 4 yrs ago.

If in any doubt as to that answer, it needs changing.
Daewoo Matiz Timing Belt - scotmech
According to Autodata :

Replacement ... 60,000 or 6 years ...

Remove and Install ... 1.10 hours ...

No special tools ...

Looks straightforward to do ...

Not one i have done but i think access might be restricted ...
Daewoo Matiz Timing Belt - graham woods
Thank-you every body for the information, Graham.