Vauxhall Zafira 2.0dti Timing Chain? - LongTallHowie
Hi, I am looking at buying a Zafira 2.0dti 2003/2004, is it any good and also someone told me they don't have a timing belt but they do have a timing chain which does not changing as often, is this true?
Cheers..
Vauxhall Zafira 2.0dti Timing Chain? - scotmech
The Zafira 2.0dti 2003/2004 has 2 chains, from crankshaft to Injection pump then from injection pump to camshaft, no replacement interval given.
Vauxhall Zafira 2.0dti Timing Chain? - GregSwain
No replacement interval given because it should last the life of the engine. Change the oil more often than Vauxhall say, because there have been problems with chains snapping with dirty oil.
Vauxhall Zafira 2.0dti Timing Chain? - Dynamic Dave
Change the oil more often than Vauxhall say, because there have been problems with chains snapping with dirty oil.

I thought that was only an issue with some of the early 2.2 Petrol engines?
Vauxhall Zafira 2.0dti Timing Chain? - Dynamic Dave
I thought that was only an issue with some of the early 2.2 Petrol engines?

Further info.
www.mt006a0002.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Z22SE_Chain_Fa...f
Vauxhall Zafira 2.0dti Timing Chain? - cheddar
The chain problem was 2.2 petrol only however the 2.0 and 2.2DTis are not the most refined or torquey of diesel engines, is this car for towing as per your previous thread?
Vauxhall Zafira 2.0dti Timing Chain? - Statistical outlier
I'll second the criticism of the 2.0 diesel in Zafiras. I had to drive one for work for a while, and it was horrible. Like driving by semaphore - "more throttle sir? Right, I'll go and tell the engine room". A second later the power comes. Not as bad as a diesel Astra I had to use which kept nearly putting me into the car in front in traffic, but a real pain none the less.
Vauxhall Zafira 2.0dti Timing Chain? - LongTallHowie
Yes, this car will be used for towing as well. I have also notice that they have a rubish tow weight of only 1050kg.
Vauxhall Zafira 2.0dti Timing Chain? - prm72
I have the vectra c 03 reg with the same engine, it has pilot injection, plenty of torque and pulls fantastically for a big car and is a world away from a Y reg vectra b that i drove a couple of years ago that was noisy and vibrated the steering wheel and pedals so much it put me off buying one for ages. I've had this car over a year now, covered 40k and am well pleased with it, also at the year your looking at the oil burning issue has been sorted, mine does not use any oil between 10k changes.
Vauxhall Zafira 2.0dti Timing Chain? - cheddar
plenty of torque and pulls fantastically for
a big car >>

It's all relative I suppose.