Replacing the radio in a Daewoo Matiz - Phil P
Bought a new Sony CDX-GT200 MP3/CD head unit for my wife's Daewoo Matiz. Since the original unit is also a Sony (albeit a model from 1998), I foolishly thought it would simply be a case of sliding it out and slotting in the new one.

Why is it these things never go according to plan! It would appear that the original unit is actually bolted-in inside the dash and won't budge. I have no idea how to remove the dash and as such am not overly keen to attempt it.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to get it out?

Thanks in advance!

----
PhiL
Boy it's quiet in here...

Well it would appear I need to remove the plastic dash trim to get to the bolts holding the stereo in place.

Tried unscrewing all the screws I can see - two above and two below instrument binnacle and a further one in the cubby under the stereo, but it still won't budge and I don't want to force it since my wife will kill me if I break anything!

If anyone can give me a clue as to how the thing comes off I'll be eternally grateful!

----
PhiL
Replacing the radio in a Daewoo Matiz - psi
I hope you have broadband! see section 9E-16 and 9F-6 in this PDF:
www.suzukituning.com/Download/Download.htm --> click on daewoo matiz service manual

hope this helps!
Many thanks for that psi, will no doubt come in handy in future.

Pleased to report though that I got the answer from a UK Daewoo forum I came across whilst Googling last night, the Daewoo Owners Club, and managed to fit the stereo today!

For anyone attempting to do this themselves, once you've unscrewed the five screws I mentioned you basically then need to prise off the plastic trim (it's only held on with plastic catches behind the panel which pop out if you prise it carefully round the edges). Once the panel has come away you then just need to disconnect the three switches (rear fog, hazard lights & security) then you've got full access to the stereo cage.

Many thanks to stek88 at the aforementioned forum for his fantastic help (would post a link but not sure I'm allowed).

----
PhiL