Vauxhall corsa cam belt - Blun
My girlfriend's 1996 Corsa 1.2 (85,000 miles) needs an MOT, and I think it could do with a decent service as I'm not sure what the previous owners had done.

When does the cam belt need changing on these engines? And is there an easy way to check if it has been changed or due for changing soon?

Also what should be covered by a full service, and how much should I be looking to spend?

Thanks for any advice :)

Vauxhall corsa cam belt - blinky
haynes says 4 years or 40,000 miles for belt
Vauxhall corsa cam belt - John S
Vauxhall now recommend 4yrs or 40,000 miles for all their cambelts, whatever the original recommendation in the Service book

As for service requirements, the VX recommendation is given in the Service Book that comes with the car.

JS
Vauxhall corsa cam belt - John S
.........and I should have said, if you don't know when the belt was last changed, it needs doing - now.

JS
Vauxhall corsa cam belt - Dynamic Dave
When does the cam belt need changing on these engines?

As Blinky says.
And is there an easy way to check if it has been
changed or due for changing soon?

Only by previous service records. If you haven\'t got the service book, the garage that has done previous services should have a record.
Also what should be covered by a full service, and how
much should I be looking to spend?

Vauxhall will have 2 service policies for your Corsa:-
Every other year, (ie, yrs 1, 3, 5, 7, etc) just the oil and filter, then a general look around the car. This is classed as an interim service.
Inbetween each of those years (ie, yrs 2, 4, 6, etc) oil & filter, air filter, plugs, check over brakes and adjust if necessary, replace brake fluid (Sometimes they don\'t ask, and you have to request it). Other bits and pieces as well. This is classed as a major service.

I should point out that if you do high mileages, then the service interval is shorter than a year. It all depends on whichever comes sooner.

Try seeing if there is a Masterfit local to you.
vauxhall.co.uk/masterfit/index.jhtml
Interim Service = £65
Major Service = £110
Major Service & MOT = £130