Vauxhall key fob re-programming - Whatdowepayourroadtaxfor
Is it possible to DIY re-program a '98 Omega key (as is possible with the Mondeo)?
Vauxhall key fob re-programming - Dynamic Dave

IIRC, put key in ignition, turn to postion 2 (but don't start engine), press lock/unlock buttons on fob. Central locking should respond. Hey presto, key fob programmed.

Vauxhall key fob re-programming - Sooty Tailpipes
What do you mean by reprogramme? and does the car have Anti-theft warning system? The procedure above will do after replacing the battery too slowly etc...but not with a new fob.
Thanks for the quick response Dave.

Sooty has a good point...the actual "spare key" to which I'm refering,(to be re-programmed)is from a diferrent car, the same model (which was written of by a tail shunt a month ago! - sorry, I should have been more precise, so I expect that rather changes things?
Vauxhall key fob re-programming - Sooty Tailpipes
Hello, your immobiliser will need to be reprogrammed with the new key's ID.
This can be done at the dealer, or some modern locksmiths (with a laptop)
Your car should have come with a security card with codes for your keys and immobiliser, if not, you have to take the car's documents to the dealer, and they apply to Vauxhall for the codes (for £17) , then they would charge about £30 to reprogram the key/immobiliser/alarm,

Now, for the caveat, I'm not sure whether you need the ID code for your new key, in order to proceed.
>>Hello, your immobiliser will need to be reprogrammed with the new key's ID.
Won't that conflict with the existing (original) key and prevent it working, if the imobiliser ID is changed??

Just to clarify: I have a perfectly good original key, which works with the original existing car system.
The key I want to use as a "spare" was from my previous car, and presumably has another ID programmed into it

>>Your car should have come with a security card with codes for your keys and immobiliser
Yes, I have all of these codes.
>>Now, for the caveat, I'm not sure whether you need the ID code for your new key, in order to proceed
I have a H0XXX format code + imobiliser code (for both keys/cars)

Might be easier if I buy a new "blank" and have it re-progged, maybe?

Vauxhall key fob re-programming - John S
I'm confused.

The 'spare' key won't operate the ignition, so you presumably only want to use the remote of that key. That you can programme as per DD's comment, with a key that does fit the car in the ignition. You don't have to progamme the car to accept the 'spare' key - the key chip isn't linked to the remote locking section. In fact on the older cars the key and remote were separate items. You couldn't have the 'spare' key progammed anyway, as it won't turn the ignition barrel.

New keys don't change the immobiliser ID. The ECU is programmed to accept a 'list' of keys. They all come out with a unique ID, and the car is programmed to accept keys, not vice-versa. So, if you get a new key, the dealer can programme the car to accept it.

Regards

John S
Thanks for all of the info.

What a great site this is!
Vauxhall key fob re-programming - Tigerspirits

great advice guys both my keys for my car and my sisters keys for hers all resynced perfefectly and instantly by turning key to position 2 and pushing the lock button brilliant stuff made my day Cheers"

Kind Regards

Adam

Vauxhall key fob re-programming - tibbyltd

That's for the info. You have reprogrammed my key in seconds!

Vauxhall key fob re-programming - mikevolpe

Yes you must contact to Hollywood Locksmith for the varied isseus of keys and fobs.