Grey haze in car glass - Warning

My car is fairly old. I clean the glass in and out. There is always a grey haze, which I can't get rid of. I don't know if other people have the same problem or how they clean their glass.

I have tried Windowlene, Mr Muscle, TutleWax glass cleaner (budget shop), Astonish anti-fog glass cleaner (better product)....

Grey haze in car glass - oldroverboy.

White vinegar diluted 50% water,

A kitchen sponge with the scratchy feelin scouring pad with a bit of the mixture and a bit of washing up liquid.

Just did my friends subaru with it. Had nevr been cleaned inside before,

Grey haze in car glass - bathtub tom
A kitchen sponge with the scratchy feelin scouring pad with a bit of the mixture and a bit of washing up liquid.

DO NOT use those plastic scouring pads on windscreen glass. Windscreen glass would seem to be be very soft and easily scratched. How do I know...........................................?

The haze you ask about seems to be caused by the plastics evaporating and depositing on the inside of the screen.

Others here have praised the marvels of 'magic sponges'. I can't comment as I've never tried them, either wet or dry.

Grey haze in car glass - freddrich

White vinegar diluted 50% water,

yeah That always work with glass cleaning

Grey haze in car glass - Andrew-T

You need to identify the 'haze'. If it's accumulated road dirt, which contains all sorts of organic residue from diesel, tyre dust and brake dust, you'll need something like AutoGlym glass cleaner or some other product containing fine soft abrasive to collect the dirt for you to wipe off (liquids like Windolene or vinegar can leave marks).

If it's really obstinate dirt you may need something like rouge to get it off. If the glass itself, or a surface coating, is discoloured, you may be wasting your time and possibly make it worse.

Grey haze in car glass - focussed

I posted something about this recently, getting rid of the smeary haze inside windscreens.

Yer 'tis

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/131482/any---windscreen

Grey haze in car glass - John F

Try damp newspaper and elbowgrease.

Grey haze in car glass - freddrich

I posted something about this recently, getting rid of the smeary haze inside windscreens.

Yer 'tis

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/131482/any---windscreen/mcdvoice

thanks for providing post

Grey haze in car glass - Smileyman

I find a film acculmulates on the inside of windscreen and rear window ... do wonder whether it is related to air turbulance within the car, had it on lots of different cars over the years (perhaps if I only ever used the aircon and never open the windows & sunroof it would never occur?) it makes visibility a challange when the glass is wet on the outside, running the aircon does help, wiping with hand or any fabric just ends up with smears that reflect the light and worsen the situation

My solution - wet sponge using plain water only then dry using a barely damp wash leather ...