10 Things Vitara

How To Drive Native Copy1

California Native

GGG SE Copy (2)

Dash Cam Comp1

GGG SE Copy (1)

Deals Of The Week

Native Subscribe5

Mot Files

Cfs Native

Native Subscribe5

Real Mpg Native

SEAT Ibiza cambelt - when should I change?
I have a 2008 1.4-litre petrol current shape five-door Ibiza 58 plate and I wonder if you know when a cam belt has to be changed on it as I can't find it in the handbook and I've been to my local independent garage and all it says on the computer is t check it at every service. Normally there is a mileage and age recommendation. Any ideas on when to change?

Asked on 7 October 2012 by sismey

Now. This is the engine that caused all the problems for VAG and led to the four-year/40k miles whichever comes first rule. Needs tensioner and all small pulleys replaced at the same time. Failure of the small pulleys is what causes most of the problems.