What is life like with your car? Let us know and win one of three ipads | No thanks

SEAT Ibiza cambelt - when should I change?
I have a 2008 1.4-litre petrol current shape five-door Ibiza 58 plate and I wonder if you know when a cam belt has to be changed on it as I can't find it in the handbook and I've been to my local independent garage and all it says on the computer is t check it at every service. Normally there is a mileage and age recommendation. Any ideas on when to change?

Asked on 7 October 2012 by sismey

Now. This is the engine that caused all the problems for VAG and led to the four-year/40k miles whichever comes first rule. Needs tensioner and all small pulleys replaced at the same time. Failure of the small pulleys is what causes most of the problems.