Parking Eye - what should I do?
Have just received a letter from Parking Eye which says I either parked without a ticket or stayed longer than I paid for whilst in Hawkshead, Ambleside on 6/6/12. I was not aware that I was late back to my car and I did definitely purchase a parking ticket. There are two photos which shows my car and the time I arrived/left the car park.

I am unsure as to whether this is a 'real' parking fine or a scam as there seem to be multiple different opinions on both your site and across the internet. I need to pay it by 27th June or the fine increases from £60 to £90 and wondered if you could help me to determine if I have to pay this fine as I don't wish to be the victim of a scam!

Asked on 19 June 2012 by geographygirlie

If you can prove your case ignore it unless they take the matter to court and then prove it in court. Members of the British Parking Association issued 1,800,000 'tickets' last year, started small claims proceedings against 845 keepers, actually took 49 cases to court and actually won 29.