Let us know what life is like with YOUR CAR And you could win one of three ipads | No thanks

Gear stick moves when accelerating or moving off in first
I've had my Grande Punto for a week now, bought used from a dealer.

Something i've noticed, mainly in 1st and 5th gears, but a little in all of them is that the gear stick shifts forward when accelerating, and then returns back when my foot is taken off the pedal.

Also, when the car is in 1st gear about to move off, once the biting point is reached the gear stick will move forward in a similar fashion.

The movement is approx 1-1.5 cm so not huge. Just wondering if its something to be concerned about?

Asked on 22 November 2011 by Joss Stuart

Probably needs the engine and transmission mountings replaced.