Does your local garage go the extra mile? We want to hear about it. | No thanks

Buy parts now, or wait til they fail?
I purchased the Mondeo on your recommendation new in 2004. I have been very pleased overall with the car.

It's reasonably ecomomical, fast enough, comfortable and spacious for its size and I want to keep it running for as long as economically possible. I have only done 61K due to a change in my motoring habits and have religiously changed the oil & filter every 6k or 6 months which ever is sooner.

Your advice please on spares, particularly dual mass fly wheel and fuel pump, which are the two most costly items I believe. I am in a position to buy these parts at the moment along with anything else come to that.

Shall I buy the parts now or wait for things to go wrong as and when?

Asked on 24 June 2011 by delta charlie

Don't fix what hasn't gone wrong. Mr Clutch might be cheapest for the clutch and DMF.