Does your local garage go the extra mile? We want to hear about it. | No thanks

The short and the tall
My Dad is getting on in years and is looking to replace his SAAB with a car with an elevated driving position. He has taken a shine to the Toyota RAV-4, but really only wants a 3-door model. It looks like Toyota stopped making this version in 2006, and Dad would like his new car to be no more than a year old. Can you suggest any alternatives?

Asked on 27 March 2010 by L.R., Preston

The Suzuki Grand Vitara 3-dr short wheelbase looks like the old RAV-4 SWB. It can now be had as petrol, diesel or 2.4-litre petrol automatic. Test of 1.6 petrol at: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road_tests/index.htm?id=242