What is life like with your car? Let us know and win one of three ipads | No thanks

Spinalonga
I own a Skoda Octavia Hatchback 1.9PD Elegance that has low profile Bridgstone tyres, tread depth 3.5mm. I live in a cul-de-sac untreated by grit that is on a slight hill that I am unable to climb despite my best efforts. Wheelspin occurs at tick over revs in first and second gear and if I manage to get away grip is soon lost. Most of my neighbours have been able to climb the hill with careful progress (much to my embarrassment after 50 years of motoring). Have you any advice please?

Asked on 20 March 2010 by P.I., via e-mail

Get a pair of Autosocks for £50-£60 (www.autosock.co.uk)