Real Mpg Summer 2015

How To Drive Native Copym

Deals Of The Week

Mot Files

Native Subscribe5

Cfs Native

Real Mpg Native

Fluidity
I have just had a reminder letter from my local Toyota dealer saying that my three-year service is due. It goes on to say…"we would also recommend that…the brake fluid is replaced at two yearly intervals.”
Can you advise? If it should be replaced why isn't it part of the appropriate service schedule? What would be a fair price to pay for this?

Asked on 27 February 2010 by M.C., via e-mail

Brake fluid should be tested for moisture content every year and usually needs to be replaced every 2 - 3 years. Costs £60 - £80. Not part of the service because it puts up the cost and customers would scream. That's why it's an optional extra.