Is your local garage worth shouting about? We want to hear about it. | No thanks

Automatic recommendation
I am not usually one to write in with my comments, however I must on this occasion after dealing with King Automatics in Epsom. My 2003 Grand Cherokee CRD auto had locked in 2nd gear, my regular mechanic had taken it as far as he could and I thought I was looking at 2k plus to get a new gearbox. As a long-term reader of your column in the Telegraph I had a vague recollection of you recommending a company in Epsom Surrey. I then through your website found out the company was King Automatics, I spoke to Trevor King about my problem and he said to take it over and he would take a look. I did not think I would see the Jeep for a while but out of the blue he rang today to say he had found the fault which was the gearbox electric plate and it was all fixed at working fine. The cost of this just over £400 including all the parts and oils. My kids will be pleased that Christmas is back on and I am really pleased to have my car back Trevor King is a true gentleman who obviously is far more concerned about helping you than he is about profit. Thanks again to KING AUTOMATICS for a great service and thanks to you John for the recommendation.

Asked on 27 February 2010 by D.P., Surrey

Trevor King is fantastic. The trouble is, he's so good, so reasonable and so helpful he is often overwhelmed with work.