Real Mpg Summer 2015

How To Drive Native Copym

Deals Of The Week

Mot Files

Native Subscribe5

Cfs Native

Real Mpg Native

History lessened
I recently put down a £500 deposit on a very low mileage, mint condition Mazda6 MPS at an Evans Halshaw car supermarket. In two days from now, the car will be ready for collection and I will be paying the dealership the outstanding £10,500 balance. The car was described as having a Mazda FSH, and I was shown lots of paperwork relating to work done by the one previous female owner. However, I was told by the salesman that the car "does not come with a booklet showing Mazda stamps, as all servicing records are kept electronically by Mazda". I (foolishly) let this fact go over my head and with Friday quickly approaching I am starting to regret not questioning this statement. Should this be a deal breaker, or am I panicking over nothing? I am assuming that all other documentation such as the owners manual will be provided with the car.

Asked on 27 February 2010 by J.P., via e-mail

The statement is correct. That's how Mazda as a company does it. You should be able to get a print-out of the service history from any
Mazda dealer. Centralised service history is far more reliable than stamps in a service book anyway.