What is life like with your car? Let us know and win one of three ipads | No thanks

Personal service
I'm looking to buy a car on Personal Contract Purchase and don't really know my stuff. I'm looking for something small, like a hatchback. My budget is £150 per month (maximum), I do between 10 and 15k miles per year, and I'd like a maximum 2-year contract (with the option to hand the car back/start a new contract) as I don't feel comfortable committing to any longer. I'd like some tips on where to begin looking.

Asked on 27 February 2010 by A.C., via e-mail

Start at manufacturer websites. But the way PCPs work is: deposit or no deposit, monthly payment for a term, then balloon payment at the end with the option to pay it or hand back the car. If you hand the car back, you have to pay for any damage and excess miles.