Picking your next car? Our unique Car Chooser is here to help... | No thanks

car key duplicates
I bought a one year old VW Golf last year from a VW dealer and was told that there was only one key. In the past I have always had two sets of keys with every car I have bought. Is this now normal? And where can I get a spare key from if I choose not to do this through the dealer. Thanks!

Asked on 24 December 2010 by Diana B

Yes, normal. You would normally get one plip key and one plain turn key with a chip in it.

# Keycard and remote repairs for Renaults, Citroens, most makes: www.keyrepair.co.uk;

# Keys - Remotes for Nissans: How to programme them yourself www.nissanprimera.net

# Keys and Locksmiths: Specialist auto locksmiths who can copy programme electronic keys and keyfobs. www.morganlocks.com; www.theautolocksmith.co.uk; www.autolocksmiths.net; www.pots-of-gold.co.uk www.key2lock.co.uk

# Keyfob repairs and reprogramming: www.metasystem.co.uk

# Keyfob and key repairs for Vauxhalls: www.martinimber.co.uk/keyfob.htm

# Keyfob transponder key manufacturer: www.88qc.com ; www.tztdsy.com

# Key Remote reprogramming: www.alarmremotes.co.uk; www.remotekey.co.uk

# Keyfob Remote DIY reprogramming: Tells you how to do it yourself www.advanced-diagnostics.co.uk