Win Owner Review of the month and £50 Amazon vouchers Full details on how to enter here | No thanks

Land Rover problems
Recently bought a Land Rover Discovery 2002 plate with three months warranty. Had problems and injectors needed replacing two months into warranty, but dealer is stating this is wear and tear and not covered in warranty. Is there anything I can do?

Asked on 20 December 2010 by snojen

Answered by Lucy
The warranty sits on top of the Sale of Goods Act so even if the warranty does not cover the fault the Sale of Goods Act should. I would say that you could require them to fix the problem and pay the cost in these circumstances.

What is the estimated cost of the repair?

LBC

No, if you paid a reasonable purchase price for the car the dealer remains liable for 6 months after purchase. But only if you first refer the matter to him. You can';t go and get work done then send him the bill. See: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights

HJ