Is your local garage worth shouting about? We want to hear about it. | No thanks
Ask Honest John  
Ask a Question

What's your question? Search here

Foreign Motorists
My husband has just been hit by a Polish lorry, although not hurt, the back of our car is damaged. He rang the police as he caught his number plate as the driver did not stop and was told by the police that there is nothing they can do! Surely we can do something when we have the number plate??

Asked on 17 December 2010 by pinkbabybelle1

Answered by Lucy
I can help you with this. We should be able to get the details of the overseas insurer's UK agent and take it from there. Please send me your contact details and I will ask a colleague to call you.
Similar questions
I got stopped in the week by a police ANPR patrol. It turned out some idiot at my garage had missed one digit when he replaced a cracked rear number plate....
I read recently of some drivers having difficulty in getting temporary car insurance cover for family members visiting from overseas. As my own insurer...
Yesterday whilst stationary, waiting to join ferry at Dover my 3 month old Ford C-MAX was hit by a Polish lorry which seriously damaged and ripped the...
Related links
We give you the low down on how to save on insurance, little-known tricks and tips, what insurance groups mean and how to use insurance aggregators to beat insurers.

Cars For Sale

Reader Offers and Prizes

Buying Advice

Honest John's Newsletter

Latest News & Road Tests

Connect with Honest John

Facebook YouTube