NEWSLETTER SPECIAL: Who are the UK's most trusted garages? Sign-up NOW for this week's exclusive. | No thanks

Winter tyres
Having read your articles I have since fitted winter tyres to a spare set of steel wheels. However you may wish to advise/remind your readers that, according to my insurers, and probably their's as well, this constitutes a modification to the vehicle. Not informing them of this 'modification' may cause problems in the event of a claim or perhaps in the extreme revocation of their cover.

Asked on 15 December 2010 by mastermariner

Answered by Lucy
We have written extensively about this already. I don't personally believe that the courts would accept any claim where fitting winter tyres would void cover.